The ARLIS/NA Distinguished Service Award recognizes an individual whose exemplary service in art librarianship, visual resources professions, or a related field, has made an outstanding national or international contribution to art information.
The conferring of this award is one of ARLIS/NA’s most joyous and venerable traditions. If you know someone deserving of this honor, please consider submitting a nomination.
Individuals nominated should have distinguished themselves in at least two of the following ways:
• Active participation, advocacy, or leadership in ARLIS/NA or related organizations.
• Service to a library or visual resource collection in a manner consistent with the highest standards of the field. These standards may be met in a variety of ways, including activity that involves exceptional creativity, innovation, intellectual or moral courage, leadership, and/or scholarship.
• Outstanding research and/or publication in any media or format that contributes to the further understanding and development of art information, art librarianship, or visual collections management.
• Outstanding and sustained performance as a teacher in the field of art librarianship, visual resources professions, or a closely related field.
• Outstanding work in diversity, equity, inclusion, and/or social justice that contributes to the development of art information, art librarianship or visual collections management.
Recipients need not be members of ARLIS/NA. The award may be given posthumously. Current members of the Executive Board and previous recipients of the award are not eligible for nomination.
Procedures for submissions and detailed information are outlined on the ARLIS/NA website under the Distinguished Service Award page, http://arlisna.org/about/awards-honors/66-dsa.
The deadline to submit nominations for the 2022 ARLIS/NA Distinguished Service Award is December 23, 2022.
Nomination packets must be emailed to the Chair of the subcommittee by the close of business on that date: Katie Keller, firstname.lastname@example.org. All nomination materials must be submitted as digital files.
If you have any questions about the award, please be in touch with any of the committee members who may assist you. When planning or putting together a nomination submission, please contact the Chair so she is aware of your efforts and can facilitate the process.
ARLIS/NA Distinguished Service Award Subcommittee
Andi Back, email@example.com
Rebecca Friedman, firstname.lastname@example.org
Laura Graveline, email@example.com
Lori Salmon, firstname.lastname@example.org
Katharine A. Keller (Chair), email@example.com